Monday, September 14, 2009

Kids

I'll try to update more frequently - tough to find time! Class attendance has started to drop off a bit - I guess people would rather sleep in and watch the lecture online (via podcasts posted online) at a more convenient time. It sounds like a good idea, but who am I fooling - I don't have near the discipline to sit down for an hour and watch a lecture online. Plus, it would be pretty easy to be anti-social and never see anyone by just never showing up to class. We have another biochem quiz this week - lots of information on it, but I'm not super worried.

I've dubbed this week in Anatomy the dreaded "quad" week - 4 labs in one week. Group A does labs 9 and 11 on Monday and Thursday, while Group B (that's me) does 10 and 12 on Tuesday and Friday. Yep, we're responsible for all of it. Don't even get me started on how Group A never has Friday lab (so they often get Fridays completely off!!) It's pretty rough, but fortunately this is the only week like this. Our lab director told our group 2 weeks ago that this is the toughest few weeks we will have in anatomy - apparently it slows down considerably after the first exam. Exams are in 2 weeks, I'm curious to see how people cope with the challenge. Could be entertaining! I've been working reasonably hard to keep up with the material to avoid cramming for the exams - not that it would be really possible anyway (at least for Anatomy and Biochem) given the unbelievable amount of information covered. We're already through Lecture 23 in Biochem - where has the time gone??

UVA football continues to redefine pathetic - one of my favorite sports writers Mike Wilbon referred to the ACC as "stinky" and to UVA specifically as the "captain of stink." Pretty accurate - Cav Man falling off his horse to start Saturday's game pretty much summed up the state of UVA football. Enough on that.

Finally, CONGRATS to Allison and John having their first child (and my 2nd nephew), Jack! I CAN'T WAIT to meet him over Fall Break in 3 weeks! Speaking of which, I need to get his present pronto! That's all I have for now, more later.

1 comment:

  1. You need to go to class so some sweetie can get her hooks into you...if I were younger I would except it would be illegal!

    ReplyDelete