Saturday, August 15, 2009

White Coat Greatness!

This week we finished up our intro to Medical School class - "Cells to Society." Nothing too interesting to report there.

Yesterday we had our white coat ceremony. The family came up to celebrate with me! The ceremony took quite a while (144 names take a while to read), so I had some time to reflect what the white coat means to me personally. I think it symbolizes clearly what my life has been leading to for the past few years. It represents something of a commitment to the betterment of others, and working to help alleviate other people's struggles. This past summer, a close friend told me to always be mindful of past experiences and mentors who have helped me along the way - I am only so strong as these factors. The white coat is a visible and concrete reminder of this fact, and it is something I will absolutely take into the future.

I'm definitely looking forward to a relaxing weekend - something of the calm before the storm. Biochemistry and Anatomy start right away on Monday. From what I hear, we hit the ground running and go right into some pretty intense material! The real game beings Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you didn't mention the LOBSTER dinner you had!! I will post pictures on my blog tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete